How Do I...
- The Woodbridge Public Library welcomes donations of books, DVDs, and CDs in good condition. The library does not accept magazines, newspapers, textbooks, encyclopedias, or out-of-date materials. Not all donations go into the library’s collection.
- The library also accepts monetary donations, either given directly to the library or through “The Friends of the Libraries Adopt-a-Book” program. These donations may be given as outright gifts or in honor or memory of someone. “Friends of the Libraries Adopt-a-Book Program” donation forms are available in all library agencies and online.
- Donations are accepted at library circulation desks until 30 minutes before the agency closing times. Donors must make delivery appointments for donations of more than 100 items. Due to staffing limitations, donors who need assistance with any delivery must make an appointment to schedule it.
- When donating items, please bring them in boxes or bags that can be left with the library. We receive lots of donations and cannot spare extra materials to transport them to the Friends of the Libraries. At this time we cannot accept loose donations.
- The library does not appraise donated items, but does issue receipts noting the number of items donated.
- People who need a receipt for large donations to the library should tally the total number of books they are donating prior to dropping off the donation. This will ensure donors get their donation receipts promptly.
Get something notarized?
Notary services aren't available at all times. Please call the library to confirm when a notary should be available.
Book a meeting room?
Meeting rooms can be requested via our online request system.
See what you have to borrow?
Borrow something you don't have?
WPL is a participant in the MURAL agreement, a policy between many libraries in Middlesex and Union counties to allow people to use their library card from other MURAL libraries to check out some or all items.
If we don't own an item you're looking for, you can search the JerseyCat catalog through our MURAL page to see if a nearby MURAL library owns it instead who might be willing to let you check it out with your Woodbridge Public Library card. We always recommend calling any MURAL library before visiting to make sure that you'll be able to borrow the item as a MURAL patron.
You can also request books, audiobooks, music CDs and copies of articles we don't have via Interlibrary Loan. Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a service we offer to look for another library in the contiguous United States (the "lower 48" states) that owns the item you want and ask them to send it to us so we can check it out to you. There are some special rules about ILL materials that make them different from regular loans, but it's one of the best ways of getting access to materials. You can check out the Interlibrary Loan section on our website for more information, links to our policy, and the forms to make those requests.