Book Hours Review Rules
- Open to students in Woodbridge Township and nearby municipalities in grades 8 - 12.
- Books must be at least 100 pages long and age or reading level appropriate for the volunteer.
- You may submit a maximum of 2 reviews per month.
- Reviews are accepted at the discretion of library staff.
- Reviews must be between 250-500 words.
- Volunteers submitting reviews that violate ethical academic standards (e.g. plagiarism) will be permanently disqualified from participating in the Book Hours program.
Submitting Book Hours Reviews
- Return completed forms to Woodbridge Main Library adult or children's reference desks.
- Submissions can also be made through the library's website at woodbridgelibrary.org/volunteer.
Receiving Community Service Credit
- You receive 1 community service hour per 100 pages (i.e. 3 hours for a 350-page book).
- Please allow 7 days for processing; we will sign volunteer forms or provide confirmation letters by request only.
- Once your Book Hours Review has been accepted, please contact Teen Services before bringing your community service form for a signature. Forms dropped off without prior arrangement will not be available for at least 24hrs, and possibly longer, pending availability of Teen Services staff.
- For confirmation requests or additional information, please email TeenServices@woodbridgelibrary.org or call 732-634-4450.