We are thrilled to announce the return of free access to award-winning learning service Lynda.com (LinkedIn Learning) for all active library patrons. Lynda.com offers over four thousand video courses to help learners become experts in any of hundreds of topics and popular software tools.
Courses from Lynda.com are made by expert instructors and include detailed transcripts and downloadable examples that learners can use to practice along-side course lessons. Coding courses additionally offer sand-box environments to safely learn programming and markup languages directly through a web browser. Patrons can write and save notes right in the courses, bookmark important sections, or assemble, save and share playlists of useful or interesting courses to make their own curricula. Completing a course entitles learners to Certificates of Completion, which can be sent to employers and hiring agents to demonstrate professional development.
Lynda.com courses are available for dozens of popular software and developer tools, including:
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, etc.)
- Latest versions of popular operating systems such as Microsoft Windows 10, Apple Mac OS X and iOS, Google Android, Amazon Kindle Fire OS and Barnes & Noble NOOK OS
- Coding and markup languages such as C, Java, Python, Ruby, MySQL, HTML, CSS, and PHP
In addition, Lynda.com offers courses on topics of professional and personal advancement, such as:
- Job hunting and résumé or cover letter writing
- Business skills, communication, marketing and leadership
- Data analysis, cloud computing, and server management
- Creative arts including writing, drawing, painting, photography, video editing, 3D modeling and printing, and more
Courses are available to Woodbridge Public Library patrons anywhere they have internet access through desktop or mobile web browsers. To log in, patrons can navigate to lynda.com and click “Log in”, followed by the “Organization Login” tab, and then enter the Woodbridge Public Library website URL, woodbridgelibrary.org, followed by their library card number and PIN (usually the last four digits of the phone number registered to the account). They can also access the login page for library patrons directly by first visiting the Woodbridge Public Library’s Lynda page at woodbridgelibrary.org/lynda.
For information on obtaining a Woodbridge Public Library card, check the library website at woodbridgelibrary.org/join or request a card or renewal here (Important! Make sure you write all the requested information into the Information box).
More information about and instructions for using Lynda.com are available on the library’s website at woodbridgelibrary.org/lynda.