Woodbridge, NJ—Starting Tuesday, March 17th, Township libraries were no longer open to the public, but Woodbridge Public Library staff members will continue to answer reference questions and assist Township residents by phone. Call 732-634-4450 x7100 to activate your card - WPL will also renew expired cards over the phone so you can use our online services. If you are a resident and are not in our system, a temporary card number will be offered so online services are available to new patrons.
Here are ten things you can get from the library while we're closed.
- Take a free career preference test with Job & Career Accelerator. With your library card you have access to tools to change careers, improve your resume and Microsoft Word, Excel and Publisher skill sets. And check out more career resources.
- Looking for educational sites to supplement what our schools have sent home? Check out LearningExpress Library for opportunities for all ages.
- Download your favorite eBook or audio book to your computer, smart phone, tablet or laptop with Overdrive or Hoopla. Hoopla offers videos, comics, manga and music, too.
- Check out the WPL library catalog for book reviews. Search for a book title for access to book previews—sometimes a whole first chapter, as well.
- Pay a fine--no fun, but if your card is blocked you can log in with your card number and pin to pay your fine online.
- Get email updates about the latest in your favorite reads! LibraryAware publishes monthly new book lists from what has been published in your favorite genre--check out an online genre newsletter! No need to sign up (even though that is a good way to keep up), just click on a list and then "View latest issue." Books are linked to our catalog, which includes books you can download right now, or join the waiting list.
- Librarians in all of our libraries would be delighted to share WPL resources for anyone interested in becoming a book club leaders. Call us today at 732-634-4450, x7120 or e-mail us.
- Download a library app! Click HERE for the catalog in BookMyne, HERE for Flipster, HERE for EBSCO eBooks and HERE for Overdrive audio and eBooks, and HERE for Hoopla.
- Learn about the Census and fill it out! WPL has posted some video and information to learn more about it.
- Follow WPL on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for updates on the library status.
We look forward to serving you with library services through extraordinary times.