Human Rights Commission
The purpose of the Commission shall be to make recommendations to the Mayor and Township Council for the formulation of policies in an attempt to foster, through community effort or otherwise, goodwill, cooperation and conciliation among the groups and elements of the inhabitants of the Township with the intent of eradicating bias incidents in our community due to race, color, creed, ethnicity, religious or sexual orientation. Additionally, the Commission is to also assist or make recommendations to the Mayor and Township Council for the development of policies and procedures in general and for programs of formal or informal education that will aid in eliminating all kinds of discrimination, mentioned above and shall have such further powers and duties as may be provided by the law against discrimination of the State of New Jersey (N.J.S.A. 10:5-1 et seq.).
EMAIL THE COMMISSION QUESTIONS: HRC@TWP.WOODBRIDGE.NJ.US
The Township of Woodbridge acknowledges the need to ordain a formal Commission charged with responsibility of aiding in the elimination of biased incidences in our Township due to race, color, creed, ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation.
The Township is also aware of the recently enacted New Jersey State Law against discrimination, codified at N.J.S.A. 10:5-1 et seq., which specifically authorizes municipalities within the State to appoint local commissions on civil rights to aid and effectuate the purposes of that Act. Although the Township currently has in place a Human Relations Committee, it believes it to be in the best interest of the residents of the Township of Woodbridge that the Township officially creates via Ordinance a Human Rights Commission so that the work of the Commission will be perpetuated superseding the Committee, until repealed by Ordinance.
- To inform and educate our residents about the vast array of community services provided by the Township
- To provide a forum for discussion regarding community issues and concerns
- To promote goodwill, cooperation, and trust among the diverse groups of residents in our community.
- To eradicate bias in our community due to race, color, creed, gender, ethnicity, physical, mental, or cognitive disability, religious affiliation, political affiliation, or sexual orientation.
Meeting Dates: 2023
- January 23, 2023
- February 13, 2023**
- March 13, 2023
- April 10, 2023
- May 22, 2023
- June 12, 2022
- No July Meeting
- August 14, 2023
- September 11, 2023
- October 16, 2023
- No November Meeting
- December 4, 2023
All meetings of the Municipal Council will be held in Council Chambers of the Municipal Building, One Main St., Woodbridge, NJ 07095 at 6:30 p.m.
**February 13, 2023 meeting to be held at the Acacia Center (95 Port Reading Avenue, Woodbridge, NJ 07095) at 6:30 p.m.
- Glenn Morgan - Chair (Term 6/23/20 -6/30/23)
- Patricia Osborne - Vice Chair (Term 6/23/20 - 6/30/23)
- Rayshma Ali (Term 1/1/21 - 12/31/23)
- Denise Anderson (Term 6/22/21 - 6/30/23)
- Don Green (Term 3/15/22 - 6/30/23)
- Rayees Pawaskar ( Term 1/24/2023 - 12/23/2026)
- Louis Contreras (Term 2/7/2023 – 2/6/2026)
- WHRC_October 17 2022_MINUTES
- WHRC_September 12 2022_MINUTES
- WHRC_August 8 2022_MINUTES
- WHRC_July 11 2022_MINUTES
- WHRC_June 11, 2022_MINUTES
- WHRC_April 11, 2022_MINUTES
- WHRC_March 7 2022_MINUTES
- WHRC_February 7, 2022_MINUTES
- WHRC_January 10, 2022_MINUTES
- WHRC_August 8 2022_MINUTES
- WHRC_December 13, 2021_MINUTES
- WHRC_October 18, 2021_MINUTES
- WHRC_September 13, 2021_MINUTES
- WHRC_August 9, 2021_MINUTES
- WHRC_July 12, 2021_MINUTES
- WHRC_June 14 2021_MINUTES
- WHRC_MAY 10, 2021_MINUTES
- WHRC_April 12, 2021_MINUTES
- WHRC_MARCH 8, 2021_MINUTES
- WHRC_February 8, 2021 MINUTES
- WHRC January 11, 2021 MINUTES
- WHRC_ December 21, 2020 MINUTES
- WHRC_October 26, 2020 MINUTES
- WHRC_October 5, 2020 MINUTES
- WHRC_August 31, 2020 MINUTES
- WHRC_July 13, 2020 MINUTES