Want to make a difference in your community and earn service hours? Join the Woodbridge Public Library Teen Advisory Group!
Exclusively open to students in grades 8-12, the Teen Advisory Group's mission is to promote and grow library services for teens in the Woodbridge Township community by:
- Planning and running teen events at the library
- Recommending books, movies, music, manga, and magazines for the library to add to its collection
- Creating and helping to maintain a cool area for teens in the library
- Promoting library events and services within the community and in schools
- Encouraging expression by and for teens via the creation of displays, flyers, and booklists
What Do You Get Out of It?
- Fulfill community service requirements
- Have a say in the materials & programs for teens at the Woodbridge Public Library and its branches
- Be creative and expressive through a variety of activities
- Get personal satisfaction in serving your community and other teens
- Add an impressive role to your college or job application
- Make new friends!
Some of the past projects of the Teen Advisory Group include:
- Planning and running events like our annual Halloween Party and Random Fandom nights
- Providing reader services for children and parents by creating a Favorite Children’s Books bookmark and display for Woodbridge Township Youth Month
- Designing signs and collecting materials for a book drive to benefit the Middlesex County Juvenile Detention Center
- Generating ideas and helping out at Summer Reading Program events for the Main Library and branches
- Creating greeting cards to brighten the day of our homebound patrons
How to Get Started
The Teen Advisory Group meets the first Thursday of the month at 3:45 PM in the Main Library BEC Room (3rd Floor).
To join, just come to a meeting! There's no registration or application required-- just sign in on the attendance sheet at each meeting, and we'll keep track of how many hours you have.
Any questions? Call 732-634-4450, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by any library location for more information.