In order to ensure the security of library personnel and library buildings,
- Employees -- maintenance workers assigned to Main, personnel assigned to branches -- are responsible for securing library buildings (e.g., locking doors and windows, activating the alarm) at the end of a business day.
No employees may reenter a secured building until it reopens for business, with the following exception:
- Reentry is within 5 minutes of the library’s closing and alarm activation
- There are at least two (2) employees present who will enter the building together, both of whom have the title of Library Assistant or higher
- The alarm is reactivated
- Exit from the building is within 5 minutes of reentry
- No employee reentering a secured building (#3 above) may be accompanied into the building by a non-employee.
- Employees are not permitted to enter a library building to perform work during hours or days when an agency is closed for business (e.g., Branch Sundays).
- Entry into library buildings during non-business hours may be monitored via the security systems' logs.