The Woodbridge Municipal Court is located in the Municipal Complex:
1 Main Street
Woodbridge, NJ 07095
Our court sessions are held Monday through Friday at 8:45 a.m. and Monday through Thursday at 6:45 p.m. with a few exceptions through out the year.
When you are scheduled to appear for court the following information will help to guide you through your court appearance.
- Arrive on time.
- Before entering the courtroom turn off all cellular phones and beepers.
- Sit down in the courtroom and remain seated. Wait for the clerk's or Judge's instructions for check in.
- If you are pleading not guilty you will be instructed to see the prosecutor. The Prosecutor's Office is located just down the hall from the court room. A line will be formed and you will be called in 1 at a time. Please note that court rule states all attorney matters must be heard first.
- After you meet with the prosecutor, you will return to the courtroom for the Judge to approve your plea agreement and assess the fines. If it has been determined that your case is going to trial, the trial will be held after all plea agreement matters are handled as per Court Rule.
- After you appearance before the Judge, if you have been assessed a fine you should proceed directly to the violations payment window. If your matter is dismissed or you are found not guilty, you may leave.
Our court staff is dedicated to assisting all people who come to our court. We strive to make your experience here as easy as possible. If any special arrangement or needs are involved in your appearance, please call the following number: 732-636-6430.